THURSDAY July 23rd
Thursday Night Pāʻina
- Hawaiian Music: Hawaiian music is played throughout the night – kanikapila style! Get together with your band, your friends or join in with others who just want to jam. Kanikapila is a laid back, backyard style of jamming that we want to bring to our pāʻina (party) so no pressure. Come and jam!
- Hula Dancers: The dance floor (or any space you can find) is open all night long for hula dancers to get up and share some impromptu hula. Nothing rehearsed – when you hear a song you know, get up and hula! (No application needed, unless a special performance)
FRIDAY July 23th
- Pre-Show Music: A Hawaiian music band and/or soloist that will open up our festivities. 45 minutes.
- Past Hapa Haole Competition Winners: Seeking past winners to perform in honor of our missed competition this year.
- Other Hula Performers: Other hālau or groups to share hula performances
SATURDAY July 25th
Hōʻike & Hawaiian Festival
- Closing Band: A high energy island-reggae band will close out Saturdayʻs festivities. Attendees usually spend the last hour of the day dancing the the island music! 60 minutes
SUNDAY July 26th
- Hawaiian Music: A Hawaiian Music Performer (Soloist or Band) will be featured. 45-60 minutes.
- Polynesian Dance: A hālau/Polynesian dance group from out of town will be featured. It is preferred that groups will will perform at least 2-3 types of Polynesian Dance (ex: Hula, Tahitian, Maori). Non-hula Polynesian groups, see below. 60 minutes.
- Multicultural/International Performances: Cultural music and dance groups will fill time slots beginning at 10:30 – 4:30pm. Open to all multicultural performing art groups including Polynesian dance groups that do not dance hula. Time slots for performers will be from 30 – 60 minutes.